If your hosting provider supplies the cPanel hosting control panel you will need to follow these steps to create your WordPress username and database.
- Log in to your cPanel from your host
- Click the MySQL Database Wizard icon
- Create a Database and enter the database name – click “Next Step”
- Create Database User(s) and enter the database user name and the password – click “Create User”
- Add User to the Database click the “All Privileges” checkbox – click “Next Step”
- Complete the task note with the database name and user. (Note: the hostname will usually be localhost.)
Save your Username, Password, Host, and FTP host for when you update your wp-config.php. The information will go in the highlighted spots as you see here:
Note: I’m not an advanced database user, so I pulled a lot of this information from various sources. You can find more detailed instructions on the WordPress website just as I did if you need more help.
Leave A Comment